Repost: Make Images of Your Hard Drive (Cloning your harddisk)
SCADA with Database always use Industrial PC for HMI. How to make backup the PC SCADA? Please read simple Tips and Tricks to make Backup PC. "It's important for your as Automation Engineer in Industries"
Making images of hard drives is a useful way of having backup copies of all your information, including your entire operative system.
For many years, only a few companies made this kind of programs and they were expensive. But now, there are some free alternatives that make this possible without spending any money. Besides, they are pushing commercial products to lower its prices because of the new competition.
The industry is lead by two applications, Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost. These two are great and include an impressive array of options that many of the free applications don’t have. But most users won’t use them anyway.
DriveImage XML is an easy to use and reliable program for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives.
The program allows you to:
- Backup logical drives and partitions to image files
- Browse these images, view and extract files
- Restore these images to the same or a different drive
- Copy directly from drive to drive
- Schedule automatic backups with Windows Task Scheduler
Macrium Reflect Free
The second one is Macrium Reflect Free.
- Create a disk image whilst running Windows using Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS).
- Image to Network, USB, FireWire drives and DVD.
- Built in scheduler.
- 32 bit and native 64 bit versions.
- Industry leading compression levels and speed.
- Linux based Rescue CD with Network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB in size!
- Built in CD/DVD packet writing engine. Supports packet writing to DVD DL media with Windows Vista.
- HTML log files.
There are free tools to make those important backup disk images. It is up to you which one to choose.
See on the Video Below:
With Norton Ghost (How to Clone PC - Make Image Disk).