How to become an Electrical Engineer ?
Electrical Engineering is a very interesting field which you can choose for you education. My article : “How to become Automation and Control Engineer” was a very successful one, so today we’ll talk about electrical engineers.
designing electrical systems and products;
reading design specifications and technical CAD drawings;
researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales;
working to international, British (BS), European (EN) and other standards;
liaising with clients and contractors to discus projects;
designing and conducting tests;
servicing and maintaining equipment;
preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations;
monitoring a product in use to improve on future design.
perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines and stations.
Electrical Engineer Career – job description
Electrical engineers design, improve, develop and maintain electrical systems and its components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
If you choose this role, you could work in a range of areas, including:
- transport networks, including rail electrification and signalling
- machine control systems and control panels
- power generation, transmission and distribution
- renewable energy sources, such as solar panelling, hydroelectric and wind turbines
- manufacturing and construction
- building services, such as lighting, heating, ventilation and lift systems.
Salary of Electrical Engineers in EuropeIncome depends on experience and education:
- Graduate engineers can earn between £20,000 and £25,000 a year.
- Experienced engineers can earn between £28,000 and £38,000.
- Chartered electrical engineers can earn between £40,000 and £50,000 a year.
- Electrical managers between £ 45,000 and £ 70,000 a year.